Attic insulation is a much better option when compared to whole house insulation, which is invasive and is expensive. But attic insulation is a great option that is efficient with an equally good number of benefits. Blown In Insulation is the most preferred form of attic insulation. It is something that you can take up as a DIY project or you can have your contractor get it done for you, without much hassle.
Blown in attic insulation
This is not very hard, but it does involve some work. But the efficiency of a blown-in attic insulation is superior and you would be pleased with getting it done at your home. It is also easy to install it in your home. A professional expert can get a blown attic insulation of your home in no time. It is also a good investment as you get great cost saving benefits in the future.
So, what exactly happens in a blown insulation? Well! Here, the insulating material is blown into the attic with the help of a machine and blower. In this process, generally, two persons are required. One holds the hose through which the insulating material is sprayed into the attic, while the other controls the machine, which blows air to spray the insulating material.
The best process for attics – blown insulation
Generally, for insulating attics, the blown in the process is considered to be the best process, which is undertaken in fall. Fall is the best time to get the attic insulation done. If you want to be eco-friendly, then you can use recycled paper products that act as an insulating material. Blown in insulation settles down well, even around attic obstructions. Hence it is generally preferred for attics.
Types of insulation
There are different materials that can be blown into the attic. These materials include:
- Loose – fill fiberglass insulation, cellulose insulation etc. In Loose-Fill Fiberglass, Fiberglass that is made from glass is blown or spun into fibers. It is very suitable for attics and can combat mildew, fungus, and moisture.
- Cellulose insulation has been present since ages. Here, there are three types used, such as the loose fill, stabilized, and wall-cavity spray
- Spray-in Foam insulation fills the cracks and voids and forms a tightly sealed barrier. It a great advantage. And that is, it eliminates air infiltration. This is generally done by trained professional as it requires higher skill training.
Attic insulation and its benefits are well known. And hence many homeowners get their attic insulated to get the benefits. But, did you know that the blown in attic insulation is a preferred method for many people due to the following advantages:
- It is energy efficient.
- The material used is versatile and fills up even the smallest holes in the attic.
- It seals very well when compared to the other types of insulation.
- It is eco-friendly and tried and tested solution.
- It also helps in noise reduction.
Get your attic insulation done by contacting insulation installers near me!